Dental assistants help dentists; the Dental Assistant Cover Letter helps you in writing a quality cover letter for job application. Find below a sample dental assistant cover letter, along with Dental Assistant Job Duties and certifications.
If dentists are to focus only looking into people’s mouths to decipher what the mind, they need assistance that is where dental assistants come in. In fact, these are people very important support to help dentists in the small details that dentists can concentrate on providing an oral treatment.
How to Write a Dental Assistant Cover Letter:
- Send customized cover letter with your resume
- Do not carbon copy your resume
- Write to the point, epigrammatic and clear. Keep it to one page
- Whenever possible, contact the person responsible for hiring
- Check spelling, grammar and reading at least twice
- Keep a copy of every letter you send
Dental Assistant Job Duties Include:
- Greeting patients
- Keeping records
- Handing instruments to dentists
- Sterilizing instruments and setting up dental procedures
- Instrument trays should be fully adjusted with all the necessary equipment that is needed to carry out the dental procedure.
- Look after prophylactic, therapeutic and surgical treatment of patients.
- Maintain patient comfort, supply management, to the needs of patients and educate them on dental procedure
- Work effectively to meet the schedule of the physician and compliance with all policies and safety procedures.
- The Dental Assistant will also organize and maintain lab equipment, take and develop x-rays and provide comprehensive post-op dental procedures to patients.
- Organize and maintain lab equipment, take and develop X-rays and provide post-operative dental procedures to complete patients.
Dental Assistant Certifications Include:
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
Cover Letter Sample for Dental Assistant:
Dear Mr. ___________,
On request and advice of Dr. Willams Hall college professor, I am applying for the position of Dental Assistant at University of Texas Health Center. I am willing to offer my knowledge and skills while acquiring initial experience working as a dental assistant.
My first focus is on the elimination of this fear by educating patients about dental pain-free dentistry is that technology has brought us. As qualified and registered dental assistant offering my services for a position in the dental office, I see myself helping a group of dentists in the transmission of dental services and effective.
I am qualified, certified and competent in the tasks undertaken in this profession: teeth cleanings, sealants and scaling. I am aware that good dentists are in demand and must work professionally and resourcefully. I worked as a dentist in a reputable medical facility for 3 years.
So if you feel there is a communal understanding then please contact me at the phone numbers above to set a meeting time. I really look forward to meeting you in the near future. I am enclosing my resume with this cover letter for your review.
I express my gratitude for considering me for this position.