Here is how to write a resume for Network Engineer who has just 1 year experience. These networking engineers will have experience on basic concepts of LAN and WAN. They mostly administer WAN devices and take care of local domains. Below is a sample resume for 1 year experience networking engineers, who can easily go through the format and prepare their own resume for job application.
How to Become a Network Engineer:
A network engineer is an individual who has knowledge of local area and wide area network. He can’t become a network engineer until he has studied local area network (LAN) for this he needs to undergo training in MCSA, MCSE and CompTIA A+ course. You need to have these certifications before getting into networking section.
Once you are able to administer, configure and implement a local area network, then you can easily work on wide area network i.e. WAN. Here you mostly deal with Router, switches etc. The main intention would be to connect networks, either inside domains, outer branches, internet connections and firewalls. Being a network admin also would require you to write certifications such CCNA and CCNP. There are also others which are advanced courses and will have to finish them once you have perfect knowledge on WAN.
There are plenty of Jobs for network Engineers, the salary structure various from a company and country. But for sure if you can display your skills you can exact the salary to be increased annually, as every business has different sites and for sure needs a network admin to manage and administer. The average salary of a network engineer would be from $67288 to $90000.
How to write a Network Engineer Resume?
Writing a networking engineer resume should always start with your primary objectives. You need to should your passion to work as a network admin/engineer for a company. You need to concentrate more on skills section, as every recruiter would love to see skills sections before calling for the interview. You need mention every single tool used for configuring and administering the network. The Operating systems used, they can be windows servers, clients, UNIX and Linux. Also try to mention how good you’re at command prompt which will for sure add more value to your resume. The experience summary should be short and simple as you just have 1 year experience.
Most of the network and system administrator always forget the make a separate section for troubleshooting scenarios. This section will always help you get a job quickly. Mention about the troubleshooting of LAN like Active directory, security permission, CMD, server issues, Wan site configurations, replica issues, DFS issues and many more you have done.
Sample Resume for Network Engineer with 1 Year Experience:
I am an IT and technology professional with a career background of analysis, design and administration of information systems, LAN/WAN internetworking, who continually exceeds employer expectations while upholding the highest ethical standards
- Red Hat Linux, Unix, Solaris and Command prompt
- Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, NT, 98, 95, Xp, Vista, 7 and 8.
- End-User Support and Training
- Troubleshooting Hardware & Software Issues
- Technical Writing & Documentation
- Applied LAN networking: hubs, cabling, bridges
- Applied WAN networking: routers, switches, subnetting, IP policies, VPNs, static routing.
- Familiar with dial-up, leased lines and ISDN and frame relay communications.
- Plan, implement, secure, and infrastructure support Telecom / Network
- Install, configure, secure and maintain Layer 2 & 3 switches, Cisco wireless access points and WLC controller, VOIP environment
- Administer Firewall and Intrusion detection and prevention Systems
- Internet links at all sites
- To provide regular risk estimates IP security and implement solutions to risks
- CCNA / CCNP
- Cisco firewall security
- Routing protocols
Technical Prosource – Houston, TX
From __________ till Date
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make sure stable and robust connectivity for all LAN and WAN devices
- Quickly identifying faults network Hold Product Details up-to-dated documentation and publishing.
- Working experience on: layer 2, 3 switching, QoS, BGP, HSRP, SIP, EIGRP
- Recently had hands on experience on F5, Cisco, Blue Coat, Riverbed product and Sourcefire
- Register, track and escalate them to help desk ticketing system.
- Cisco 3500 series switches
- Cisco VPN tunnels and clients
- Dell 3000, 5000 and 6000 series switches
- IP Routing protocols
CCNA, CCNP and pursuing CCDP
MS Degree in Computer Science