Write a software test engineer resume to get a job in software firms, the sample below assists you in writing a better resume for job application.
A software testing individual is a specialist in proving quality assurance of software models developed by programmers. Companies need a team of software testers who can fix software bugs; they can do it with two types’ manual and automated testing. Testing is a final phase in the software development life cycle, once the programmers finish their models they send the data for testing, the testing take a while as it needs to tested and approved by quality assurance manager. They work hard all day in identifying the bugs and providing feedback to programmers.
Writing a resume is always a tough task for both fresh and experienced testers. Start off the resume with objectives and skills summary. The skills summary can be presented in bullet fashion. The next part should have experience and daily roles and responsibilities. The final part should end with education. It’s always important to mention the tools and software’s used so the recruiter can understand how updated you are.
Sample Resume for Software Testing Engineer:
Objective: An individual with a passion to work in a software testing department with an experience of 5 years and seeking for a position in your company to help the software development process finish on time.
- High knowledge on Testing Process and the Software Testing Life Cycle
- Handling black box and white box testing and develop different Testing Strategies and techniques
- GUI Testing: windows compliance, screen validation checklist
- Bug tracking with traceability matrix and handle test change requests with regression testing
- Simplification of module testing criteria and factors manipulate acceptance testing
- Defect Management: reporting, tracking and classifications
- Make ready test environment and automatic life cycle
Systems Made Simple, McLean, VA | ________ till date
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop scripts, test plans
- Performing testing: integrated, functional, unit, regression and client acceptance testing
- Play a part in technical documentation and product design specifications
- Create a performance summary report to higher management
- Dynamically participate in determining project plans, estimating work
- Training junior level professionals
- Practical knowledge of MS Test Manager, ETL tools, TFS, Oracle, Crystal Reports, Informatica, SSIS, LoadRunner 6.5, WebLoad 4.5
- Object mapping, test/error recovery, and rational suite of tools
- Testing programmable interfaces, graphical user interfaces, data flow diagram
A from Argosy University