Find below Cost Accountant Resume Sample, this resume will help you get a job in accounting and manufacturing firms.
What Is Cost Accounting?
What is cost accounting? It is accounting of the price/ expense/ loss. It’s a unequivocal section of accounting that every small to large organization looks at. These accounting individuals take care of planning and implantation of pricing of services and goods, they work under manufacturing operations point. There total motto would be to benefit a company in profitable way, hence an cost accounting jobs are paid huge sum salaries ranging from $50,000 to $68,000.
Cost Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
Cost Accountant duties and responsibilities vary from other accounting sectors, as cost accountant systems does not stick to rules and regulations, he will have wide open duties and tasks to track the cost accounting activities in manufacturing and trading firms. The cost accountant should handle a team of people in run cycles of cost estimations; he should have his own assumption and provide financial data and reports to capital investors, credit acceptors, arrangement holders etc.
When writing a Cost accountant resume mention you primary objectives if you are a fresher, when it comes to experienced individuals you need write a brief summary of your profession. The next section needs to be a bit more effort in providing your skills suiting your working knowledge, the skills section should be broad with single line sentences. When writing the experience summary/ employment summary check to see you mention the primary responsibilities a head of others. These day companies are looking for people with computerized skills like SAP and ERP so make sure if you add the technical sections if you have worked on cost accounting software’s.
The sample below helps both, fresher and experienced, cost accounting professionals for quick editing and submitting a job application.
Cost Accountant Resume Sample:
Highly passionate cost accounting individual with 4 years experience and looking for a change to work where I can present my advanced skills and contribute to profit and value of an organization.
- Highly skilled on every aspect of manufacturing cost procedures
- Undertake total responsibility of financial reports
- Determine and forecast exact cost of products
- Taking corrective decisions and changing the cost of products when situation demands
- Determine cost of finished products using labor, OH cost and raw material
- Handle pressure with less guidance and meeting deadlines at accurate time
- Co-ordinate with team members and ensure the their duties performed with accuracy
- Manage every reporting task to be submitted to Financial Shared Service group
- Experience on IFRS, GAAP
Employment: Robert Half Management Resources
Duration: 2010 till date
Roles and responsibilities:
- Handled every model of the accounting projects to be worked on daily basis.
- Providing budget plans and forecast
- Make sure the cost accounting activities are closed in given time.
- Working knowledge on: SOX, EVMS, Job Costing, CPFF, Project Cost Billing.
- Working on software like SAP, EPICOR, Excel, MAPICS, QAD etc.
- Ensure annual audit pack, weekly cycle count audit, Forecast Sales are accurate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting