A territory of channel manager is a person in command of certain geographical sales department or team, he is an authoritative manager who leads a group of sales team and is responsible in increasing the sales of products in the location.
Territory Managers are also called channel managers because they are assigned few channels to deal with; they are specialists in different products. Every business has branches in many locations; the branch offices can be located country wide or state wide, every branch office should have a territory manager to handle the sales process in an effective way increase the overall growth of the business.
Territory Managers resume objectives are to be written to show your passion for sales and confidence in dealing with any product or service, handling advertising online and off line. The resume should give a brief introduction and give a detailed summary of team managing skills, dedication towards work, handling relationships with coworkers and higher officials. Write about the achievements in previous companies. Share your personal experience where you creative unique ideas in increasing the sales and received compliments from customers.
Sample Territory Manager Resume:
A confident and experienced Territory manager who has the skills and experience to manage any geographical location and increase the sales of the company.
- Have 10 years experience as a territory manager.
- Worked in different positions like Food service Sales, Distributor Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Regional Manager, Territory Representative, Field Sales Manager.
- Operator & Distributor Responsibilities: To include products and their applicability to operators and their advantage for distributors.
- Developing and implementing strategies for handling key business opportunities.
- Prepare and implement merchandising programs and marketing to specific accounts in the specified geography.
- Successful introduction of New Apparel across the implementation of promotions and national focused programs.
Benjamin Moore – 2009 to present
- Prepare and follow a full-time and a territory management plan to maximize coverage effectively and professionally manage expenses
- Capable to climb a ladder and do the physical framework of the goods.
- Achieve or exceed sales targets Division identifying important Marketplace / account opportunities
- Developing relationships with key customers
- Developing a regional business plan that will include all assigned businesses and aligns needs division to the local level
The main measures include:
- Graphic Integrity
- New Item Speed To Shelf
- Display Observance
- Put Up For Sale Distribution
- Retail Level In- Stockpile
- Integrated District Account Operations Relationships
General Mills 2004 – 2008
- Responsible for maximizing sales and retail deals
- Collect sales associate and field management staff
- Implementation of the plan to sell to account key distributors and end users.
- Get the support of the inventory with the dispatcher to support growth in the markets served
- Maintain a cycle of regular calls with all assigned accounts
- Identify new opportunities in the market, to persuade decision makers through cold calling and close off new businesses
M.B.A from Goizueta Business School