Find below a professional System Administrator Resume Sample to help you write the CV in a better way and get a job in IT firms.
System administrators are IT professionals with knowledge of different operating systems and configuring services that make up a company IT infrastructure, the technical aspects involves administering, configuring and monitoring all the servers, creating domains and implementing migrations. System admins should have an in-depth desktop and troubleshooting knowledge before applying for the system administrator’s job, as it’s very much important when facing the interview for the first time. Every company today requires certified system administrators, which needs individuals to write and get through certifications like MCSE and MCSA.
The salaries of system administrators are different in every country, as the IT needs in places vary and duties of admissions are working accordingly. Past 5 years IT professional had to be good in either window, Linux or Solaris, now the phase has changed, as virtualization came into the picture, it’s necessary for you to have knowledge of VMware, Citrix, ESX servers, Security and Networking or WAN concepts, etc.
When Writing a System Administrator Resume, make sure the heading sections as the perfect designation like “Windows System Administrator” or “Linux System Administrator.” The first section of the resume can start with professional summary or career objectives, where you need to mention the years of experience and how you can work for the company, the next section should be the technical skills and tools you have used. When it comes to experience summary mention the organization’s name, duration and projects you have handled. The next section will be the certifications and educational qualification. This is the standard format, but you can also mention about additional skills, troubleshooting scenarios and accomplishments.
System Administrator Resume Objective:
- To attain a leadership position in a team oriented environment that can benefit from my education, training and vision from more than 5+ years of experience in managing and administering enterprise IT systems and personnel.
- A system administrator position where I can top class my skills and abilities administering, configuring and monitoring LAN to hold 100% up-time.
- Seeking for a job position as a system administrator with highly qualified skills administering servers and benefit the organization utilizing my technical skills
- Technically skilled system administrator with 5+ years of experience in handling windows server and configuring different services and applications to profit the organization in IT needs.
Sample Resume for System Administrator:
To Serve the Organization as a System Administrator with dedication and commitment to get better results.
- LAN Technologies: Ethernet
- Operating System: MS- DOS, Windows 9x, Windows XP, Windows 2000, 2008, 2012, Professional, Windows NT Server 4.0, Windows 2000/2003 Server.
- Hardware: Assembling PC’S, Laptop computers, Compaq Desktop, Installations and configurations of sound Cards, Printers and Modems, Routers, Hub.
- Server Configuration: DNS, DHCP, FTP, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, FILE SERVER, RRAS, VPN, IIS, Group Policy, MOM 2005.
- Peripheral: Lasers, Dot Matrix printers, Tape Backups, Scanners and Modems.
- BackOffice Administration: IIS 6.0
- Packages: MS- Office 2000, MS-Project, MS Outlook, Outlook Express 2003
- Mail Server: Exchange Server 2003 and 2007.
- Installing, configuring and Administering MOM 2005, SCOM 2007.
- Installing, configuring and Administering Exchange server 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2012.
- Security Products: McAfee Products and Norton Anti Virus
Organization: Applied Technology
Duration: Group – 2009 – till date
Designation: Systems Administrator
- Managing technical support team which is responsible for infrastructure services on Microsoft Windows technology
- Installing, Configuring and Administrating Microsoft Windows XP Professional, windows 2000 and 2003 servers.
- Administering and Managing Exchange 2003 and 2007.
- Taking Exchange and File server Backup to removal, storage media like DLT.
- Updating servers with latest service packs and hot fixes.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory replication problems.
- Creating standard process for group policy deployment
- Active Directory users and groups management.
- Installing, configuring and Administering MOM 2005.
- Implementation and administration of DNS, DHCP, IIS, ISA, VPN and WINS
- Distribute packages via Group Policy.
- Administering Managing DHCP, DNS, WINS, RRAS, Cluster, data and Print servers.
- Jointly responsible for the Server Maintenance – Hardware & Software (OS).
- VPN client Installations & troubleshooting.
- Administering and Managing Windows 2000 and 2003 Domain, Active Directory, group policies, sites, replication etc.
- Monitoring Servers using Performance and Network Monitor.
- Remote Administration uses Terminal Service.
- Configuring and installing of WSUS.
Organization: Lockheed Martin
Duration: Nov 2007 till Aug 2009
Designation: Desktop Support
- Technical support of Operating System (Windows NT/2000)
- Handle and troubleshoot operating system installations, Software installations such as MS Office, PC Anywhere, and antivirus software. Setting up Remote Desktop Connection.
- Configuring remote laptops for Dialup to the network. Resolving connectivity issues.
- Backup Management, Reporting and Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Virus Protection and Eradication
- Maintenance of MS Exchange Environment
- Configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook and Outlook express.
- Call Management using Peregrine Service Center Tool.
- Remote Administration using terminal service, VNC, PCAnywhere and Damware.
- Implementing and administration, Active Directory services, replication, Trust Relationship.
- Administering File Shares and setting NTFS permissions.
- Installing and Configuring File server and Network Print Server
BS in Computer Science – University of Massachusetts, Boston