Find a senior staff accountant resume sample along with resume objective and resume skills to help you write a CV in a professional way to get a job in best CPA firms.
Staff accountants are energetic individuals making their career in accounting with immense skills and knowledge in accounts payable, accounts receivable and month end closings to set timeliness of processing. The daily job responsibilities would be to manage cash flow statements, maintain accurate records with GAAP, and conduct audits, fixed assets, and the general ledger close.
How to become a staff accountant?
There is a lot of scope in career growth being a staff accountant, to become a staff accountant you need to have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and pass the CPA exam (certified public accountant) or CMA certified management accountant. Accounting degrees have higher tutorial cost, it normally takes 5 years to complete the course and you can become a personal financial specialist or certified information technology professional.
Staff accountant salary:
Senior staff accountant salary ranges from $60,000 – $70,000 and the average staff accountant salary per hour basis could be around $30 even for freshers. There are plenty of staff accountant jobs in Atlanta, NYC, Richmond VA, New York and Los Angeles.
Staff Accountant Resume Objective Statement:
- Staff accountant with experience of 5+ years and looking for a change to work with a company to display my skills to profit the company in the accounting department
- A certified staff accountant seeking for a position in ABC Company, where I can dynamically enhance the internal accounting process and be a part of the company’s growth and make a fast paced accounting environment
- Senior staff accountant actively participates in companies, financial and accounting audits to consolidate and prepare financial statements to achieve the goal in a time frame.
Sample Resume for Staff Accountant:
Senior staff accountant with 4+ years’ experience
American Standard – From ________ till date
- Cost management, support month and year end closing
- Audit completion
- Support general ledger
- Managing fixed assets, personal property taxes
- Excel modeling
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Reconcile payments from the internet
- Recurring journal entries
BS in Accounting
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion
- Sage Accounting system experience