Receptionists do remain responsible for making appointments and also setting them up suitably on the days and times specific, in addition to reminding people of these assignments. A receptionist has to comprehend lots of things; these include operations of his/her workplace and provide information of the same through e-mail or phone. Receptionist is also accountable for rendering secretarial and administrative support to make certain civic services carry on in an efficient manner.
Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities:
- The first and foremost job of a receptionist is to render office support services to ensure efficiency and professionalism in the official environment.
- He/she has to accept, direct and communicate telephone, fax messages and also emails.
- The receptionist needs to open, and date each and every general correspondence; retain the general filing system and register all messages; play a crucial role regarding planning, arrangement of meetings and conferences and also conference calls.
- The receptionist has got to retain a sufficient record of office supplies; reply to public questions; render secretarial and word-processing assistances.
- He/she may have to provide administrative services if there is any such requirement.
- The receptionist has to remember always that he/she is the first person from the company to greet or receive a visitor. His/her attitude can build up the company’s image to a large extent.
Receptionist Skills and Qualities:
- The receptionist has to have proficiency and knowledge in lots of areas. These include office administration, pertinent legislation, policies and modus operandi, cultural and political environment of the vicinity.
- He/she must have proficiency in several aspects. Some of these are team building, decision making, spoken and listening communications, computer skills including the aptitude to spreadsheet and word-processing programs at high speed, time management.
Reception Education Requirements:
A receptionist has to have a Bachelor’s Degree. Nowadays, a number of certificate programs have come to the fore. These programs are good and effective.