Find below a sample cloud engineer resume and get an opportunity to learn about cloud engineer job descriptions, certifications and salary details.
In cloud computing there are different job roles performed like cloud specialist, cloud computing architect, cloud architect infrastructure, alliance manager, and virtualization.
IT companies basically have to purchase plenty of servers for each service to be up and running, each service should be maintained by individuals. When a company wants to put an end to all these, they can either rent or own a cloud service, the cloud services provides security, reliability, privacy and high availability on the cloud server, so that you can avoid building giant datacenters in different branches or across the globe.
- You can create a server with a single click
- Load balance your traffic
- Reduce your computer power and storage
- From a PC you can access number of applications like browser based etc
- Use tools like thin client, Esxi, vSphere
Cloud computing gives you centralized IT control placing storage, virtualization, and user and computer management at one place. All the services you wish can be expanded and administered at one place. The certifications available for cloud computing are cloud security alliance, Rackspace hosting, Google’s first cloud specialist certifications, Salesforce which is cloud application development certification, VMware certification (VCP), Arcitura, etc.
Sample Resume for Cloud Engineer:
- 5+ Years of experience as cloud engineer
- Cloud development, cloud installation and cloud management
- Arrange, build, deploy and sustain virtual infrastructure environments including server, storage and network for Enterprise Clients.
- Online virtual cluster provisioning
- Troubleshooting multi-tier web problems
- Hardware redundancy
- Operating systems (Linux and Windows)
- Hosting applications, web services, web sites,
- Management of cloud from remote locations
- WSC3 Storage controller
- Daily backups of all critical data
- Replication of all data needed for HA and for satisfying the SLA
- Proficiency in Cloud, Virtualization, and Storage technologies and Cisco UCS
- Amazon S3 – Storage Solution, Cloud Computing and Basic Migration, Online Backup Solutions, Microsoft Office LIVE Workspaces, Web Conferencing and Collaboration, Hyper-V KVM, VMWare, SAN, DAS, NAS, including iSCSI, private and public cloud environments OpenStack, CloudStack IBM, and Amazon, Wireshark
Peterson Technologies – Annapolis Junction, MD
Duration: 2009 – Till date
- Used System configuration tools: Puppet and Chef
- F5 LTM and GTM load balancing
- Hands on experience on Splunk, Logstash, AppDynamics, Compuware, Nagios, Graphite, etc.
- Deployment tools: Jenkins and Capistrano
- Managed, unmanaged, and cloud hosting providers
- Taking response to our customers’ needs
- AWS, Rackspace
- Evaluate complex customer requirements
- Counsel 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution
- Providing solutions which are personalized with several domains and layers
- Manage Deployments & upgrades
- Configure messaging & collaboration
- Manage Engineering tasks with scripting languages, including Ruby and Python
- Administer tool development, monitoring, logging, reporting, controls and automation
- IT Operations monitoring tools Boundary, BMC
BS degree – Vassar College