Write your Active directory resume by following the sample below, which helps prepare the resume for job application.
After working as desktop admin and system admin, the main focus would be to become an AD admin, an AD admin is one who needs to take care of creating, organizing users and groups etc. He needs to have prior knowledge on other system and network administrator tasks.
Active Directory Resume Sample:
A position in which my technical abilities, education and past work experience will be utilized to best benefit the organization.
More than five years of experience in the field of IT enabled services
- Expertise in managing and maintaining Microsoft Windows based Networks
- Extensive knowledge of trouble shooting System Hardware and software Installations
- Experienced in Windows Administration, Active directory, exchange server 2003/2007.
- Three years of rich experience primarily in integration and implementation of LAN.
MSCE, MCSA Certified
- Windows 2000, 2003, Active Directory, Exchange 2003 &2007, IIS 6.0, ISA 2004.
- Microsoft Windows2000 and 2003 Server. (Installing, configuring, Administering & troubleshooting).
- Microsoft Windows2000 and 2003 Networking Infrastructure. (Installing, configuring, Administering & troubleshooting).
- Microsoft Windows2000 and 2003 Active Directory Services. (Installing, configuring, Administering & troubleshooting).
- Microsoft Windows Exchanging server 2003. (Installing, configuring, Administering & troubleshooting).
- Implementing & configuring Active directory services on Windows 2000 and 2003 server.
- Implementing, configuring and troubleshooting DNS service, forward & reverse lookup zone.
- Configuring & troubleshooting DHCP server and DHCP relay agent and WINS services.
- Implementing & configuring Windows 2000 and 2003 Distributed file system.
- Implementing & troubleshooting Windows 2000 and 2003 Routing & remote access.
- Implementing & configuring Windows 2000 and 2003 Terminal services.
- Creating & Managing Users & Groups and their Profiles like Roaming & Mandatory.
- Creating & managing Origination Units, Sites and Group policies.
- Installing & configuring Windows 2000 Professional & NT WKS 4.0 & 95 & 98 as Client computers to DOMAIN
- Knowledge on Citrix presentation server 4.0.
Hardware and Networking Skills:
- Assembling and disassembling the system.
- Configuring and troubleshooting the system.
- Upgrading and maintaining the system.
- Setting up of Internet, Modem, Multimedia and Printers.
- Installing and Troubleshooting the Network (LAN), Crimping and Punching to Cables.
- First level of trouble shooting for all DELL and HP Hardware
- Worked as hardware and field engineer in vision computers for 1 year
- Worked in IBM Systems PVT for two years in Bangalore as desktop engineer.
- Working in Bell labs
Work Experience Details:
Designation: Desktop engineer
Time Duration : Jan 2005 till July. 2009
Job Profile/Company Profile:
- Diagnosing all hardware related issues using dell support tools
- Managing 500+ users software and hardware related issues.
- Installation of application software & troubleshooting Hardware issues.
- Configuration of Email clients like MS Outlook and Outlook Express.
- Troubleshooting user login problems
- Troubleshooting printer connectivity issues
- Configuring user profiles
- Enabling ports.
- Taking daily Normal Backup of Server and user data in DLT tape drives.
- Installation of MS-office, citrix neighborhood, visual studio, visio.
- Providing users access to internet.
- Troubleshooting Symantec client side issues.
- Creating users and groups
- Providing login permissions and NTFS permissions
- Creating and managing exchange 2003 recipients
- Troubleshooting DNS, DHCP and VPN related issued.
- Checking Network and PC’s for virus, installing virus patches.
Time duration: Sep 2009 to till date
Designation: System administrator
Job Profile/Company Profile:
- Administration of Windows XP, 2000, 2003 workstations and servers
- Implementing Active Directory Services, maintaining Replication, Trust Relationship and enforcing Domain wide Group Policies.
- Worked on Symantec Ghost.
- Managing user accounts and groups on Windows 2003 Domain controller
- Managing User administration, Groups, Organizational Units, Group Policy objects
- Granting Permission to Users for different Application.
- Administering File Shares, Disk Quotas
- Administering Print Servers
- Administering and Managing DHCP, DNS, WINS, RRAS, Cluster, data and print servers
- Administering ISA 2004 server
- Administering exchange 2003 and 2007
- Controlling Remote Machines using Dame Ware
- Deploying packages using Group policy
- Managing and maintaining IIS 6.0
- Providing Domain wide permissions
- Experience in Administering Windows File Server and Print Server.
- Configuring mandatory roaming profiles, managing users at a domain level
- Updating/Downloading of Latest Symantec Antivirus updates and patch management
- Configuring and installing of WSUS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Software Deploying, IIS, WINS, and RAS.
- Worked on Microsoft baseline security analyzer
- Installation & configuration of Virtual PC, VM WARE software.
- Trouble shooting Network services on TCP/IP
- Administering and Managing ISA server 2000 and 2004 server.
- Administering and managing Microsoft Exchange server 2003 & 2007
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Operations Manager MOM 2005 and Systems Management Server SMS 03
- Knowledge on CITRIX presentation server 4.0
- VPN client Installations & troubleshooting.
I hereby declare that the above-furnished details are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.